The first rocket to land on the moon was designed in Huntsville. Space exploration is in our DNA, but it’s only part of our story. With high average income levels, low unemployment, affordable housing, award-winning public schools, great weather, abundant outdoor recreation, and a vibrant arts, music and craft beer scene, it’s no wonder Huntsville ranks 7th on U.S. News & World Report’s list of the Best Places to Live in America.
It’s also a fantastic place to practice medicine.
Whatever your medical expertise, opportunity awaits at Huntsville Hospital Health System. As one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health systems, we are looking for exceptional people to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
Click one of the tabs below to launch your medical career in the Rocket City.
Join Our Team
We are looking for exceptional people whose focus is to achieve the
level of patient care and service excellence.
Find out more about our key recruitment fields.
Learn About Our Benefits
Huntsville Hospital Health System is committed to providing valuable benefits to our employees to enhance the workplace experience.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Wellness Programs (Health Works; Health Matters for Diabetes)
- Free membership to our Wellness Centers
- Free annual wellness screening
- Smoking cessation program
- Employee-discounted pharmacy
- Free employee health clinic
- Retirement (401(k), Roth 401(k) and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Emergency Fund for disasters
- Tailored Compensation Plan
- Tuition assistance
- Shared Governance
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Emerging Leader Program
- Career programs (Perioperative Nursing, Surgical Technology, Pharmacy Technician and Radiology Technology)
- Patient Care Aide
- Scholarship education partnership with local universities
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Residency Program (Health Care Administration, Medical, Nursing)
- Earned time off
- On-site child care services
- Discounts (cafeteria, cell phone contracts, and more)
- On-site Uniform/scrub sales
- Free employee parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pastoral care services
- Flexible schedule
- Balanced nurse-to-patient ratio
- Nursing Support Team (IV Team, Mobility Aide, etc.)
- Nursing scheduling preferences (weekend, plus, PRN)
- Employee recognition programs for patient satisfaction and service excellence